Thursday, July 05, 2007

Meeting the Inspiration

Yesterday was an awesome day for my paperclip challenge. The whole reason I started my paperclip swap journey was because Canadian "One Red Paperclip Guy" Kyle Macdonald succesfully traded up from a paperclip to a house. If someone else had already done it then why couldnt I follow suit. Kyle has written about his adventures in a book called "One Red Paperclip" it is a brilliant read if you fancy getting a kick up the backside and realising any dreams you have. Well when I found out Kyle was going to be in the UK to promote his book I thought I had to make an effort to meet up. I emailed him to let him know what I was doing and to see if he was interested in hooking up. "Canal boats huh, that sounds fun!" I trecked down to London and we met outside Virgin Megastore in Picadilly. He gave me a copy of his book in return for me sending him a comedy hat to his new house. A group of us then went out for a few beers, had some food and discussed the whole paperclip phenomenon that he had started. I have been given some great advice from the master himself, so how can my mission fail now?? It cant!! The two of us have been interviewed in a couple of newspapers and we are set to be on BBC Northampton tomorrow about 5.30 if anyone fancies a listen? Here is a photo of us two - its supposed to show the trade we made but I didnt have the hat with me so Kyle just held up his shoe! Cheers Kyle, when I get my boat I might take it across the Atlantic to Canada........ haha should only take a few years!

No comments: